Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thank you, Mandarin Mini Con! Convention recap

Hey everyone! Yesterday was Mandarin Mini Con and it was a blast! Thank you to everyone who came out and supported me. I was overwhelmed with joy when strangers would tell me that they know me on twitter, instagram, and even watched my streams on twitch!

The beginning of the convention was a rough start for me because I arrived a little late, and my table wasn't complete by 11ish. I suffered from a fever on Friday, so it was kinda rough to fight through the flu in cosplay and in the heat. 😭 However, the staff at Mythical Mountain was so helpful and supportive, and they did an awesome job working with the vendors.

I announced a special, one day sale specifically for Christmas shopping, so most of my merch was discounted. I noticed most of the con goers are a younger crowd than I dealt with at EXP, and most splurged on my $1 sticker deals. The older crowd mostly purchased my discounted, $15 original litho prints.

I would say the area I was located at was a little out of the way of the main area, but my neighbors and I did have some traffic. It was a small con, so I figured most of the convention goers would explore every inch of the con area. The upstairs area is a little tight, so it was hard for some my shoppers to browse comfortably with the flow of traffic right behind them.

Despite all that, I would like to do the next Mandarin Mini Con. I'm thinking next I'll purchase a tent space instead, since being squeezed in a tight area did heighten my social anxiety. I would also do Mandarin Mini Con again because of the value. Table space was only $10, but I had to provide my own table. (No chairs were available either, and I didn't have any so I just sat on my trunk). I made my table back at least. I liked the fact that it was a free event, so there were some folks who happened to walk by the event stopped by to look at my table. So it was nice to gain attention from general art lovers, and not just only folks who are into the comic/anime/geek/nerd scenes. There were also some fast food restaurants by the area the convention was in, so it was awesome to see service workers purchase a print or sticker from me during their breaks. :)

When Collective Con comes around, I will go back to regular prices!!

So hello again to new followers! Thank you for your support! Please follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, since I am most active on those. Also, for the adult audience, I have a Patreon up for my lewd art. For only $2 a month, you gain access to 18+ material I am working on, and new work is updated weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment