Tuesday, July 31, 2018

All aboard the Naruto Train! And other updates

Hello, comrades!
So I have not been doing a very good job at keeping up at this blog! Oops!
But so much has happened over the summer. I can't say summer is over, because I live in Florida, and it's always hot as Satan's ballsack out here.

Anyways! CONVENTIONS! Yes, I have been crazy busy with conventions. I did MetroCon back in July. It is Florida's largest anime convention and is located in downtown Tampa. My wonderful husband was my table lackey. *heh heh* What I thought was gonna be an awesome weekend turned out to be the most disastrous con I've done so far. I had very high hopes for the con because I have attended MetroCon as an attendee in the past, and I was always so impressed with the artist alley. I was super excited to finally have a table there! BUT HOLY COW I WAS WRONG. Being a vendor was a completely different story. :(
There were lots of things I could blame that went wrong, but I learned that despite I gained a lot of new fans and people enjoyed my work, there was a lack of fandom. As I looked around other artists, I realized the more popular have stuff that everyone and their mamas are into: Detroit Become Human, RWBY, Voltron, etc. (So BNHA was not enough!) As requested by many folks there, a lot of them said they would love to my take on Naruto. Perfect timing! As I just started watching Naruto. YES, I'M TEN YEARS TOO LATE. DON'T JUDGE ME.
Anyways, here are a couple of Naruto illustrations I've done recently:
They are currently available as mini prints! I will be uploading them to my store very soon.
I was wrecked financially because of MetroCon, but I couldn't get that mad. I saw it more as a learning experience. That didn't stop me from doing more conventions (even though at the time I was at my lowest point, and was considering quitting).
I have some more conventions lined up until summer of next year. Please, visit my Instagram page for more information on my convention schedule!




No comments:

Post a Comment